Friday 26 February 2010

One of my favourite groups A-Ha are to play in Nottingham in November.

I have recently found out that the group A-HA are playing one of their final farewell concerts,aptly titled "Ending on a high note", in Nottingham in November. And I am currently trying desperately to sort out a pair of tickets so that I can take myself and Teresa to it.

The blurb on the Nottingham Trent FM Arena Website says this..."Calling all A-Ha fans, this is your last chance to see the Norwegian trio on our home soil! On Sunday 21st November 2010 A-Ha will be performing live at Trent FM Arena Nottingham to celebrate their ‘Ending on a High Note Farewell Tour 2010’ in the UK.

The group, Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy, have enjoyed a fantastic international career spanning 25 years, having 15 top 10 singles in the UK alone and selling over 35 million albums.

The ‘Ending on a High Note Farewell Tour 2010’ will mark the anniversary year of the release of the debut album ‘Hunting High and Low’ and the success of their critically acclaimed current album ‘Foot of The Mountain’.

The band have thanked all their fans for the amazing journey: “We’ve literally lived the ultimate boy’s adventure tale, through a longer, more rewarding career than anyone could hope for. Doing this now will give us a chance to get more involved in other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else – and of course through new constellations in the field of art and music. We are retiring as a band, not as individuals. Change is always difficult and it is easy to get set in one’s ways. Now it is time to move on.”


Casting my mind back to early 1985 I can remember the first time I heard the A-HA song "take on me".I had only known my girlfriend (now wife!) Teresa for a few short months, and so, when we found ourselves in the *record section of Woolworths I decided to buy her the *single, the first gift that I gave to her.

Throughout the many years that we have now know each other we have heard this song played on the radio hundreds of times and it always takes us back to that day in Woolies, which might not sound terribly romantic, but in our lives it was very special moment. Can it really be 25 years since that event......i must buy her something else :-)

Take on Me. A-HA



*Kids notes

Record = A round plastic disc with a hole in the middle that stored MP3's
Single = A small round plastic disc which contained only one track on each side!

Enjoy!
.



No comments: