Friday 14 January 2011

Exposure to benzene at work and the risk of leukaemia.

.

"A substantial number of epidemiologic studies have provided estimates of the relation between exposure to benzene at work and the risk of leukemia, but the results have been heterogeneous. To bridge this gap in knowledge, we synthesized the existing epidemiologic evidence on the relation between occupational exposure to benzene and the risk of leukemia, including all types combined and the four main subgroups acute myeloid leukemia (AML), acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL), chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), and chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)."

I have just found this article on the web. The results it shows makes me wonder with renewed interest if my exposure to AVTUR (Aviation Fuel) during my 12 years in the RAF had any link to my diagnosis of CLL in 2006.

To read the full report click HERE.

No comments: