Monday 13 July 2009

Rabbits,rabbits everywhere.....but how ?

I forgot to mention in my Saturday post that there has been a few new additions to our household population recently.
I was made aware of it when I overheard Rachel telling Teresa that "The rabbit has had some babies!".I was in the back garden at the time and decided that obviously I had mis heard her comment as the rabbit (mother) in question had only been part of the family for a little over 3 and a half weeks, and had in that time (to the best of my knowledge!) not been involved in........erm.....natural persuits...!.........with any male rabbits during that time.

As I entered the house I commented about what I has overheard a few moments earlier, and was at that point advised that far from being mistaken, It was quite true that "Echo" (mum) had produced a litter of 5 kittens (baby rabbits...so i found when I googled the question!).

The main question now of course is "when was she...well, when did she.......erm.....WHO IS THE FATHER ?

The best guess must be that she was..got at.....in the week before I picked her up to bring her back home....either that or we are looking at a rabbit version of immaculate conception :-)

No comments: