Friday 31 July 2009

Football Legend Sir Bobby Robson Dies Aged 76

It is with great sadness that i heard today that Sir Bobby Robson has lost his long and courageous battle with cancer. He died very peacefully this morning at his home in County Durham with his wife and family beside him.

For the full story go to the Guardian website by clicking HERE.


In a recent interview Sir Bobby was upbeat and positive about his illness.
“I’m in my 76th year. I’ve had a fantastic sporting life, but I’ve had cancer five times. None of my four brothers has had cancer. I keep saying I’ve had their share. But I consider myself lucky. I may have had cancer five times but thanks to the wonderful treatment I have had through the NHS my life has been saved".

Please Visit the Bobby Robson Cancer Foundation Website by clicking HERE

To Make a donation to Sir Bobby's Just Giving Page click
HERE.

Sir Bobby Robson. R.I.P

No comments: