Friday 5 March 2010

Inspirational Jamie dies of leukaemia


Tributes have been paid to a brave 29-year-old who lost his battle with leukaemia.
Jamie Harris, from Woodview, Renishaw, was diagnosed with a rare form of the disease after suffering flu-like symptoms in September last year and sadly died in the early hours of Saturday after contracting pneumonia.

Friends and family said he fought leukaemia with a "strong and determined attitude."

The former Eckington School pupil described as having "the biggest heart of anyone you could ever meet" had worked for Lincoln Electrics for several years and had recently been promoted.

His mum Susan Powell said: "God truly blessed me when he gave me Jamie. My wonderful son touched so many people's lives and hearts in his short life and I am so very proud of him."

His dad Kevan Harris said: "He was an inspiration to all, from the day he was born to the day he left us. He wasn't just my son, but he was my best friend."

Sister Nikki said: "Jamie was an inspiration to all and the most amazing person I have ever had the privilege to meet. I'm so proud he was my brother."

Jamie also leaves behind two other sisters Natalie and Ashley and nieces Lola and Asha Harper.

His funeral takes place on Friday at 12pm at Renishaw Church. His family are asking for family flowers only and donations to the Anthony Nolan

No comments: