Tuesday 5 October 2010

Oh no,Scarlett has Clutch Trouble.And this time it's serious stuff :-(


After experiencing a clutch cable failure whilst travelling back from Newark Hospital last week I thought my troubles were over after I fitted a new one later the same day.

Sadly it appears that the clutch cable failure was just "the tip of the iceberg" and after driving to work the other day I decided to take a closer look as to why the clutch seemed to be excessively heavy to operate...this is what I found!.....(those of a nervous disposition look away NOW!)






As you can see there is something of a cracking problem in play here, and (if you look at the video) the bulkhead moves back over 1" when the clutch is operated.....nasty !.




At 7:30 I have a chap coming over to the house to give me an estimate of a weld repair.....I will let you know how we get on.

.

No comments: