Monday 16 November 2009

Beefy Botham is off on new walk in aid of leukaemia research's 50th Anniversary



England cricket great Sir Ian Botham unveiled plans for his latest charity walk on Tuesday, saying he would not stop until childhood leukaemia had ceased totally to be a fatal condition.

Former all-rounder Botham's 13th charity walk will start in April next year and take him on a 10-town tour of England.

'Beefy's Great Forget Me Not Walk' will also mark the 25th anniversary of his first trek in aid of leukaemia research, and 2010 will also be the 50th year since the LRF was formed in 1960.
"My walk in 2010 will be extra special for me," Botham said on Tuesday.
"I never forget why I put myself through the pain and blisters. I won't stop until we beat childhood leukaemia. We're up to about 90 percent survival now and that's remarkable."

Click HERE to read the full story on the AFP Website..
.
.

No comments: