Friday 20 November 2009

Husband and wife are now both fighting Cancer.


PREMIER League referee Mark Halsey and his wife Michelle are fighting back after a nightmare year when BOTH were diagnosed with cancer.


Michelle was told last New Year's Eve that she had leukaemia - then in August Mark learned he had a rare form of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, cancer of the lymph glands.
Mark, 48, says: "It was devastating when we heard about Michelle. Then when I was told I had cancer, I was just numb. Your life flashes before your eyes. But you have to stay strong, really strong. Now, not one part of me thinks I will die.

"I have been told I have a 95 per cent chance of survival. At first I concentrated on that five per cent. But not now."

To read the whole story click HERE to go to the Sun Newspapers website.

To see a video on the Bolton News Website click HERE

Best wishes to them both in their fight with their illness's.

No comments: