Friday 7 May 2010

Can you help Alice ? Why not Join the Anthony Nolan Trust Register and find out

.

14 year old Alice desperately needs to find a bone marrow donor to help her win her fight with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Could you be that special person who holds the key to making Alice better? Why don't you find out by joining the Bone Marrow Donor Register run by the Anthony Nolan Trust? If you are aged between 18 and 40 and in good health then you may be eligible to join the thousands of others who have already made the stand and pledged to help those in need.

The test itself to check tissue type is now a simple "spit" test.All you need to do is spit in a small tube and the rest is done for you.You no longer have to have a blood sample taken, it really is that simple!.

Please, for the sake of Alice and thousands like her, take the time, make the pledge and perhaps save a life.

For more info about Alice's appeal here are a few links:

2 comments:

Lisa Serpa - What's On My Mind said...

Hi Andy - My 21 year old son is also battling Hogkins Lymphoma but he recently received and autologous stem cell transplant. I am familiar with apheris treatment and would like to help if I can. I live in Boston. Please advise on what I would need to do.

Andy Ward said...

Hi Lisa.Thanks for your comment on my blog...nice to know people do read it :-).
Why don't you introduce yourself to those on her facebook page,explain your experiences and see what comes back. I try to publicise any appeals for donors that I find during my weekly "Web trawl" as I am a great believer in the power of making connections and influencing destiny.I also co ordinate an annual bone marrow donor recruitment drive at King's Mill Hospital and Newark Hospital.We are doing 2 sessions in June (22nd and 25th)with the Anthony Nolan Trust and the "Join for Joel" gang. Do they have scheduled donor recruitment days at the Pilgrim Hospital?
Best wishes to you and also to your son with his ongoing fight.Andy