Thursday 17 June 2010

Australian World Cup Squad goalkeepers son diagnosed with Leukaemia

.


.

Last week, Brad Jones, one of the goalkeepers in the Australian squad, went home after his four-year-old son, Luca, was diagnosed with leukaemia. Jones said on Friday he would not be returning and Eugene Galekovic, of Adelaide United, was drafted in to replace the Middlesbrough goalkeeper.

I think Brad summed up the difference between his world cup dream and the crushing reality that many parents have to face when their child develops blood cancer when he said:

"The World Cup is irrelevant for me now,". "When I walked into the room and Luca smiled when he saw me, that was worth more than anything the World Cup could give me."

For more about this story click HERE to visit the Sky Sports Website.

We all hope that Luca's Leukaemia Journey is a good one, and that he will,in time, make a full recovery.Best of luck to Brad and his family in their fight.

.

No comments: