Friday 16 October 2009

The article in the Thanet Extra Newspaper was published today :-)


More good news came today in my search for information about Shirley and Anthony Nolan in the form of an article that has been published today (October 16th 2009). As promised a few weeks ago by Martin, the fella to whom I spoke at some lengths about my project, the good sized article is now out and,fingers crossed, I hope to get some good feedback from anyone who may have known Shirley, her mum Rhoda or little Anthony during their time in and around Manston.


This is a link to the online version of the newspaper. Click HERE to view.


Many thanks to Martin and all at the publication for fulfilling their promise and giving me this much appreciated help.


Note* The article states that I drove to Morocco and raised £3500 for the Anthony Nolan Trust.This is not quite correct. Myself and Glen Place (from Kent!) drove ALMOST to Morocco (Gibraltar!), and raised over £5000, but this was split between 3 charities (Leukaemia Research,MacMillan Cancer Support and the Notts/Lincs Air Ambulance).I did however establish 2 Anthony Nolan Trust Bone Marrow Donor Recruitment Sessions at 2 Nottinghamshire hospitals (King's Mill and Newark Hospital) which resulted in 79 more people signing up to the register :-)......just thought that I needed to clarify that point :-). Probably my fault for rabbiting on at poor Martin until his head spun !.

.




.

No comments: