Wednesday 28 October 2009

I have received an email from Kamahl today :-)




The other day I decided to try and make contact with the famous Australian performer Kamahl to see if he could give me some more insight into his visit in the mid seventies to Visit Shirley and Anthony when they lived at 8 High Street Manston.I used Myspace,Facebook and an email address that I managed to find on the net.Imagine my surprise then when this morning I found that he had replied to my enquiry.....how good is that ?


Kamahl and his wife Sohondra Popped in to see Shirley, and they then made a wonderful gesture by donating £3000 to the cause...an awful lot of money now, but in the mid seventies it was an like winning the lottery !.


Shirley recounts the event in her book and remembered that Anthony's favourite song was called "I'll give you a daisy a day" which was sung by Kamahl. If you click on the picture of Anthony and Shirley at the top left of this page it will take you to a link which playe's the song....sadly not performed by Kamahl, but it was the only online version that i could find (Sorry Kamahl!).


Kamahl has asked me to call him at some time, and this I will do, although with my reputation for "going on a bit" when it comes to having chats, i had better check on the calling cost beforehand or my wife will kill me when the bill arrives :-)

No comments: